Posts for tag: Oral Care Routine
Modern dental care benefits the whole family. Dr. Joseph Pollak is the dentist to see at Wall Family Dental in Wall, NJ, as he provides preventive, restorative, and cosmetic services that strengthen and beautify patients' teeth and gums. He and his team build on your good home routines so your smiles last.
What is good oral care?
It's simple and easy to do once you develop the habits. The American Dental Association (ADA) recommends these at-home practices for people of all ages:
- Brush your teeth twice a day for two full minutes, using a soft-bristled toothbrush and fluoride toothpaste (for ages three and up).
- Floss once a day with strand floss and/or interproximal brushes to remove sticky plaque and avoid hard tartar build-up.
- Consume a diet rich in fiber (fruits and vegetables) and low in added sugar.
- Drink at least eight eight-ounce glasses of water a day to keep teeth and gums clean and to increase the amount of beneficial saliva you produce.
- Wear an athletic mouth guard for all contact sports. Use a bite guard if you someone who clenches or grinds their teeth.
- Model good oral hygiene and dietary habits for the youngest members of your family.
Preventive care with your dentist
At Wall Family Dental, Dr. Pollak likes to see all his patients semi-annually for a cleaning and check-up.
Here's what your routine visit involves:
- A hygienic cleaning and polishing to remove deposits of plaque and tartar.
- X-rays to look for hidden problems and plan any needed treatments.
- Measuring gum pockets, the spaces between your teeth and gums (indicators of periodontal disease).
- A complete check of your teeth and gums, assessing for decay, periodontitis, dental bite, existing fillings/crowns and more.
- Oral cancer screening.
- Review of results and recommendations for treatments, cosmetic improvements, and education on brushing, flossing, and diet.
At Wall Family Dental, Dr. Joseph Pollak and his dedicated staff empower their patients with the oral health care services, education, and habits they need for smiles that last. Please call the office in Wall, NJ, with any questions that you may have for your dentist and to schedule your routine dental visit: (732) 449-5512.