How your cosmetic dentist in Wall, NJ can enhance your smile
Your teeth are strong, but that doesn’t mean you can’t damage them. Habits like chewing on hard things, drinking coffee, using tobacco products, and even aging can all work on your smile in bad ways.
The good news is, your cosmetic dentist can fix common dental problems easily, and more beautifully than you’ve ever thought possible. Dr. Corey Stein of Wall Family Dental in Wall, NJ offers a wide range of cosmetic dentistry services to enhance your smile.
Professional teeth whitening
Stained and yellowed teeth are a common dental problem that can easily be fixed with a professional teeth whitening treatment. You can whiten your teeth up to 8 shades and achieve results that can last up to 5 years. Unlike some over-the-counter products, you can be sure professional teeth whitening is safe because all products and methods have been approved by the American Dental Association.
If your teeth are chipped, cracked, or show heavy wear, consider cosmetic dental bonding to repair and restore your smile. Bonding uses composite, a tooth-colored material that can be matched to the color of your teeth. Once the bonding treatment has been hardened, the treatment looks just like the natural tooth structure. Typically, bonding doesn’t require an anesthetic, making the procedure very easy, quick, and pain-free.
If nature and genetics didn’t provide you with an outstanding smile, your cosmetic dentist can help you achieve one, thanks to porcelain veneers! They are thin laminates of exquisite porcelain that are cemented onto the front surfaces of your teeth. Porcelain veneers are the perfect solution to hide large cracks, chips, fracture lines, areas of tooth wear or damage, and even some alignment issues like gaps between your teeth and tooth overlap.
These are just a few of the cosmetic dental services available to fix common dental problems. To view amazing before-and-after photos of Dr. Stein’s patients, please visit the Smile Gallery page on the website at https://www.wallfamilydental.net/gallery.html
To find out more about what cosmetic dentistry can do for you and your smile, call Dr. Corey Stein of Wall Family Dental in Wall, NJ at (732) 449-5512. Call today!
Dental hygiene is extremely important. Visiting your Wall, NJ, dentist, Dr. Corey Stein, should be as regular as visiting your primary care physician or OBGYN. At Wall Family Dental, Dr. Stein provides his patients with several services to revitalize and rejuvenate their function and appearance.
5 Signs It's Time To Visit the Dentist
- Cavities! If you notice pain or even a hole in your tooth, you need a dentist. Yes, it's that simple. If you don't take care of cavities immediately, you may have more serious issues in the long run, like gum disease and tooth loss.
- Bleeding gums whenever you brush your teeth. This could be a symptom of gum disease, especially if it's accompanied by bad breath, receding gums, and tender gums. If gum disease isn't treated during the early stages, it may evolve into a more serious issue, like periodontitis that may cause tooth loss.
- A broken or knocked-out tooth requires immediate dental attention. You can suffer from a broken or knocked-out tooth in any number of ways, like an accident or a sports injury. Your Wall dentist can fix this issue to restore function and appearance.
If you have ongoing medical issues, like diabetes, cardiovascular disease, or eating disorders; or if you'd undergone medical treatment, like radiation, chemotherapy, or hormone replacement therapy.
If you notice spots and sores, your dentist will examine any sore that lasts a week or longer. Mouth sores include cold sores and candidiasis. Mouth spots and sores vary in their severity and cause.
Preventive care is the most important way to care for your teeth. Be sure to visit your dentist for biannual cleanings and exams, and brush and floss every day.
Would you like to speak with Dr. Corey Stein?
There are so many reasons to visit a dentist. You shouldn't wait until it's too late. Schedule an appointment with Wall Family Dental in Wall, NJ, by calling (732) 449-5512.
Looking to get a brighter smile? Find out how professional teeth whitening could help.
Who doesn’t want a whiter smile? If you looked in the mirror and noticed that your teeth are looking a little yellow these days, then you may be wondering what whitening option would give you the results you want. While many people choose to whiten with simple over the counter or DIY teeth whitening remedies, your Wall, NJ, cosmetic dentist Dr. Joseph Pollak may caution you that some of these methods could be detrimental to your teeth. Here’s what you should know about professional take-home teeth whitening versus those over-the-counter whitening options,
Professional Whitening Offers Fast Results
If you aren’t in a rush to get a whiter smile then over-the-counter or DIY whitening methods may be just fine for you, but our Wall, NJ, cosmetic dentist has a lot of people looking to get teeth whitening treatment right away because they have a special occasion or important event and they want to look their best. If you want to get a whiter smile then talk to us about our take-home bleaching system, which can help you achieve results a whole lot faster than commercial whitening products.
Professional Whitening is Customized to Your Smile
If you’ve ever tried those over the counter whitening trays, then you know just how bulky and awkward they can be. You may even notice that they slip around and don’t really cover all of your teeth evenly. This means that not all areas of your smile are going to get as white as others. We understand just how important it is to get even results, which is why our take-home whitening system comes with custom-fitted trays that will ensure equal whitening throughout your smile.
Professional Whitening is Safe for Everyone
If you are someone who deals with sensitive teeth, then you may be a bit nervous about whitening your smile. We get it! However, our dental team can tailor your whitening treatment down to the exact strength of the whitening gel to minimize sensitivity. This is something that an over the counter whitening product just can’t do.
If you want to get tailored teeth whitening treatment that you can easily do yourself from the comfort of your own home, our Wall, NJ, dentist can help. Call Wall Family Dental today at (732) 449-5512 and let us know that you are interested in our take-home bleaching system.
Find out why a toothache needs to be treated as soon as possible.
Nothing seems to hurt worse than a pained tooth, right? No matter whether you are dealing with an aching, throbbing, or stabbing pain, our Wall, NJ, family dentist, Dr. Joseph Pollak, knows that you want to find out what’s going on. Here are some common toothache causes:
- Gum disease
- Cracked or broken tooth
- Impacted wisdom teeth
- A dental infection or abscessed tooth (will require root canal treatment)
- TMJ disorder (causes both jaw and tooth pain)
- Bruxism (also known as teeth grinding)
- Sensitive teeth
- A sinus infection (can cause referred pain in the upper, front teeth)
Tooth pain can range in type and severity. Your tooth pain may be,
- Intermittent (pain may come and go)
- Stabbing and sharp
- Worse when biting or chewing
Not sure what’s going on? See your dentist
A good rule of thumb is to always visit your dentist if you notice any pain, discomfort, or changes in your oral health. While mild pain may not worry you too much, the problem is that whatever is causing the pain will usually become worse if left untreated.
By performing a simple oral exam, we can determine whether the cause is a cavity, gum disease, or an abscessed tooth. Sometimes, x-rays are taken to confirm an infection within the tooth or a broken tooth. From there, we can determine the best course of action for treating your dental pain.
It’s important that you are maintaining good oral hygiene to protect your smile from the two most common causes of a toothache: cavities and gum disease. Of course, along with proper oral care, you should also be visiting your Wall, NJ, dentist every six months for routine checkups and cleanings. If it’s been more than six months since you last saw the dentist, call Wall Family Dental at (732) 449-5512 to schedule your next appointment.
Modern dental care benefits the whole family. Dr. Joseph Pollak is the dentist to see at Wall Family Dental in Wall, NJ, as he provides preventive, restorative, and cosmetic services that strengthen and beautify patients' teeth and gums. He and his team build on your good home routines so your smiles last.
What is good oral care?
It's simple and easy to do once you develop the habits. The American Dental Association (ADA) recommends these at-home practices for people of all ages:
- Brush your teeth twice a day for two full minutes, using a soft-bristled toothbrush and fluoride toothpaste (for ages three and up).
- Floss once a day with strand floss and/or interproximal brushes to remove sticky plaque and avoid hard tartar build-up.
- Consume a diet rich in fiber (fruits and vegetables) and low in added sugar.
- Drink at least eight eight-ounce glasses of water a day to keep teeth and gums clean and to increase the amount of beneficial saliva you produce.
- Wear an athletic mouth guard for all contact sports. Use a bite guard if you someone who clenches or grinds their teeth.
- Model good oral hygiene and dietary habits for the youngest members of your family.
Preventive care with your dentist
At Wall Family Dental, Dr. Pollak likes to see all his patients semi-annually for a cleaning and check-up.
Here's what your routine visit involves:
- A hygienic cleaning and polishing to remove deposits of plaque and tartar.
- X-rays to look for hidden problems and plan any needed treatments.
- Measuring gum pockets, the spaces between your teeth and gums (indicators of periodontal disease).
- A complete check of your teeth and gums, assessing for decay, periodontitis, dental bite, existing fillings/crowns and more.
- Oral cancer screening.
- Review of results and recommendations for treatments, cosmetic improvements, and education on brushing, flossing, and diet.
At Wall Family Dental, Dr. Joseph Pollak and his dedicated staff empower their patients with the oral health care services, education, and habits they need for smiles that last. Please call the office in Wall, NJ, with any questions that you may have for your dentist and to schedule your routine dental visit: (732) 449-5512.
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.